Here’s a cool video of Detroit shot from a RC helicopter. This gives you a completely different perspective of the city. Overhead views, inside buildings, “falling” from the roof of buildings, etc. I like the shots of the Michigan Central Train Station and the Packard Plant.
I recently stumbled across a video on youtube which proposed a plan which would take 200 acres of land in Detroit and turn it into some sort of zombie themed amusement park. For years now, people have commented on my Detroit Ghetto videos referring to zombies and how perfect Detroit would be for something like this. Detroit would truly be the perfect setting for such a park, if it were ever built. I think it’s an interesting yet very ambitious idea, but you be the judge.
The plan is to put up a large perimeter wall to fence in the park area. Inside, the abandoned homes and factories will stay in place and become part of the park’s “game play”. The buildings would need some improvements to make them structurally sound and safe for park visitors, and the video’s creator does acknowledge this. There would be a hoard of zombies running after you, and your goal is to survive the night by hunkering down in a building somewhere. Yes, this would be an overnight experience. You can be turned into a zombie by making contact with another zombie, at which point you join the mob and hunt down non-zombies.
While they have stated that there are no weapons of any kind, there would be a patch system in place. Basically, everyone wears a patch that can be torn off your clothing. If you lose yours, you become a zombie. Tear one off a zombie, and you’ve “killed” him. Personally, I think some type of laser tag system would be much better. But, as stated at the end of the video, there needs to be some refinement of the game play. I’m sure this will be highly requested if the project goes any farther.
I’m not going to get into the details, everything is pretty much explained on the creator’s website. To learn more about “Z World Detroit”, or to donate money to their fund raising project, visit indiegogo.com/zworlddetroit.
I watched a good video about Detroit today and wanted to post it up here for all to see. The creator of the video put some commentary over the video, giving lots of good facts and statistics about the city.
Facts and statements about Detroit,taken from the author’s youtube video description:
1. Detroit is the 3rd most dangerous city to live in in the united states and flint a near by city is the 4th most dangerous criminal city in the usa.
2. 7 out of 10 murders go unsolved in the motor city.
3. There are 95,000 abandon homes in Detroit and 85,000 abandon businesses in Detroit.
4. Census has calculated that since 2000 to 2010 that 250,000 people have left Detroit.
5. Since 1950 half of Detroit’s population has left the motor city.
6. Unemployment is up to estimated 50% in the city of Detroit.
7. Graduation rates in the D are 25%! Kids are more likely to end up in prison than finishing high school.
8. More people live in poverty than cars on the street.
9. Abandon homes in Detroit have turned into drug houses and meth labs.
10. On devils night kids go out and burn abandon buildings about 200 last year were burned down.
11. At the MacDonald’s they had bullet proof windows like at a bank and you had to pass your money through a machine.
12. Michigan is the 3rd most unemployed state in the usa.
13. Obama bailed out GM and helped create 75,000 jobs but the jobs were out sourced and the people of Detroit never got to see any of those jobs.
14. Detroit looks like hurricane Katrina hit it
15. Detroit is the only place in America that you can walk around and see 30 story sky scrapers everywhere that are abandoned. This is not common in other cities.
16. Its like something you would see out of I am legend it looks like a abandoned historical city left in ruins
17. Detroit used to be one of the most high class wealthy cities in America.
18. Real state is at record lows because of the high amounts of abandon homes that lower housing cost. The Detroit news said that hundreds of houses are up for sale in Detroit for only a dollar $1
19. Wild animals are moving back into the city… pheasants, coyotes, even beavers
20. Criminals are moving to nearby cities like the capitol city of Michigan which is Lansing Mi and places like flint which has caused city crimes to rise in these near by cities.
21. Mayor Dave Bing has pledged to knock down 10,000 structures in his first term as part of a plan to size down Detroit, so the city can reflect its shrinking population
The city of Detroit has found itself in a $200M+ hole. The city has reported that it will literally “run out of money” in 2012. Watch the video to see mayor Bing’s plan to save the city, which essentially is to cut wages and raise taxes. Not really giving the people more reason to stay, huh?