Getting Ready To Film "A Tour Of Detroit’s Ghetto: Part 4"… Suggestions?

Only 2 weeks until Christmas, and for me, that means a trip back to Detroit to see friends and family for the first time in 2 years. That also means that I will be filing A Tour Of Detroit’s Ghetto: Part 4, and I wanted to know if anyone has any suggestions for the next film. One thing I will NOT be doing is filming the “nice” areas of Detroit, so you can just forget about that right now… it’s called A Tour Of Detroit’s GHETTO for a reason. I would think that the title would give that away, but some are not so quick to grasp the concept.

Now that we have that out of the way, I am open to suggestions as to certain things you would like to see in part 4. If you know of a particularly ghetto area, street, building, etc, I want to know about it.

Accompanying part 4 will be a playable google earth tour that will take you down every street that I drive down so that you can see exactly where I have been. This should be a pretty cool feature, I have been fooling around with it for a while now and I think you will like it.

Shoot me a comment if you would like to see something in particular this time around.

Share and Enjoy

• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Delicious
  • LinkedIn
  • StumbleUpon
  • Add to favorites
  • RSS

15 thoughts on “Getting Ready To Film "A Tour Of Detroit’s Ghetto: Part 4"… Suggestions?

1. Anonymous

maybe rather than music you could have your audio describing where you are and a little info about the area you are in at such times.it would be more informative for your viewers.

2. Anonymous

Brush Park is cool as far as old architecture. Chene, Gratiot/6Mile,Brightmoor,North End. Too many bad places to list.
    Camosilver, I enjoy your vids. I think it's important to show ground zero of the de-industrialization of America. Back in the day, Detroit saved the worlds ass with it's manufacturing might during the war. Something to think about the next time one walks into Wal Mart.

3. Anonymous

Are there ANY businesses in these areas? Any people?? What the hell are they eating there? Try to show any operating busineses – or the scarcity of them – to really capture the full effect of this disintegration.

4. Anonymous

I know the subject matter here is Detroit, but as someone who lived in the Detroit suburb of Warren as a kid, I was wondering if any of the suburbs are "ghetto-ized" yet and if you can film any of that? I will assume you probably have your hands full with Detroit itself so I can understand if you can't do that.

5. Anonymous

I think a great idea would be to film driving down Grand River from just out of downtown till Redford. It really gives you a grasp on the destruction and also how the busnisses operate. You can see the worst to it becomeing increasingly better as you leave the city.

6. Anonymous

Hey!! Greetings from France!! First of all you're doing a great job with these videos. I'm a big Detroit fan, i love this city because of their sports franchise and the ghetto side is completely amazing, i couldn't believe it when i first saw Detroit!!
    Could you please tell us the place you're at and comment them just like one person asked before, that would be great for us!! Thanks!!

7. Anonymous

Starkly real. Here's a suggestion: show the wildlife. When visiting my husband's Mom's home (early '80s, several years before she passed away), I was amazed at the pheasants living in the tall grass of the abandoned lots. It was a real culture shock for a young girl from the rural Thumb to see all that wasteland. And I remember thinking if they could only pick up those gorgeous old homes clean them up and plop them somewhere else….all that great old woodwork and stained glass, turned into drug houses, burned out, destroying the soul & psyche of all the people around. Just awful.

8. Anonymous

i lived on 8 mile my whole life. I also drive around detroit daily amazed by the city .Ihave never taken a pic tho but how so many people are interested in the city i can get some pretty good pics of the real hood the pics u have of det does not do it justice streets that go 4 miles have nothing but boarded up buldings on both sides of street CRAZY!! wel il get those 4 u

9. Helwoman

Brightmoor my address was 15070 Burt rd we moved out in 1973. I want to see my old house and the churches across the street and on down to Harding elementary, my old school. Thanks

10. Anonymous

The Book Tower and the Whirlitzer building downtown would be great to shoot. These curious buildings have been abandoned for years.

11. Anonymous

Your music should be instrumental and ominous. Somewhat like what was used on the first one. (I know you were forced to use that) Even though I'm a metal fan, it doesn't seem to fit the scenes/genre. Please show more street signs such as cross street signs.